Replacement and Restoration Services
Most commercial roofs are said to last about 10-20 years, of course with regular maintenance and repairs. That being said, sometimes life just happens and there comes a point, well before the end of a predicted lifespan, that a commercial roof needs an update. It’s in those moments that the question arises: which is better to replace or restore a commercial roof? There are several benefits to either choice, but there are several things to consider before making a decision. Choosing a replacement or restoration will all come down to a few important things: what you are willing to pay up front, what the current condition of your roof is, and if restoration or replacement is even worth the cost. For either commercial roof replacement or commercial roof restoration in the The Woodlands, TX area, contact The Woodlands Premier Roofing at 832-246-7884.
For the process of restoration, it sounds like what you may think. Instead of removing the existing roofing material, professional roofers will instead lay or adhere a new material on top of the current roof. This process provides a new layer of protection that may have been worn down by time and exposure. In order to restore a roof, however, it will depend on the current condition of the roofing material and roof decking. If everything is still in a relatively good state, then restoration may be a great investment for you.
When looking at your roof, you may be wondering why it would be beneficial to restore a roof rather than repair or replace it. There are in fact many benefits to restoring a roof, such as:
- Low cost: The cost to restore a roof is significantly cheaper than replacement, but it does depend on the current condition of the roof.
- Increase longevity: Restoring the life of your roof can help increase the lifespan by about 5-10 years.
- More sustainability: Rather than wasting a lot of roofing material through removal, restoration wastes less and helps to be a little more sustainable.
- Preventative measure: A restoration can help prevent major issues from happening, because the roof decking is inspected and repaired before restoration is complete.
Choosing a roof restoration can definitely help the longevity of your current commercial roof and The Woodlands Premier Roofing are experts with roof restorations. We use high quality roofing materials like single ply membranes. They help to provide excellent protection and durability for a low cost.
To replace a commercial roof, again, it is like what you may think. Roofers go through and remove existing material all the way down to the roof decking. From there, they repair anything that needs it and replaces the roof with new material. Compared to restoration, or even simple repairs, this process is more costly. But, a roof replacement may be the better option or the only option for a roof. Regardless, there are still many benefits to a commercial roof replacement:
- Increase Safety: By replacing your roof, you are increasing the safety of your roof and your commercial building. Unchecked damage can lead to water damage, mold, mildew, and more – all of which threatens the safety of the building.
- Increase energy efficiency: As time goes on, roofing material gets damaged and ages, ultimately losing the ability to be as energy efficient as it was when first installed. Replacing the roof can help with that.
- Increase storm resistance: As mentioned before, the older a roof is, the more damaged it most likely is. With a replacement, you can better the ability for your roof to withstand storm damage from wind and hail.
- Preventative measure: Replacement is also considered a preventative measure, to help keep problems from continuing to grow.
While a roof replacement is, comparatively, it still merits consideration. Depending on the overall condition of your commercial roof decking, replacing the roof may be better for the longevity and safety of your roof. Whereas, a restoration could mean dealing with more issues down the road. Ultimately, it will depend on what a roofer finds during their inspection.
Choosing Local Quality
At the end of the day, either a commercial roof replacement or a commercial roof restoration is an investment in your business. Before deciding on anything, make sure you’ve got all the right information. Call The Woodlands Premier Roofing to schedule an inspection. A professional roofer from our team will go over everything and provide a report for your records, all of which is to help you better understand which option is the best for you.
The Woodlands Premier Roofing have established themselves as the very best in the community. For either replacement or commercial roof restoration, we are available for the job. Our team has years of experience and we are dedicated to providing quality service. Call us today, 832-246-7884, for commercial roof restoration services in The Woodlands, TX and the surrounding areas.